Monday, December 5, 2011

Humble Beginnings

Thought I should go ahead and explain the origins of Glitter Girl Accessories, so here goes:


I grew up in a crafty family.  My father, Knots&More; and my mother, Artzy Susie worked the shows from Wenatchee to Collville and everywhere in between. I went along, selling various arts and crafts, and helping with setup and tear down.  Therefore, it was only natural that I would continue crafting into my adult life.  However, I never thought about turning crafting into my primary business until this year.  In March, I was diagnosed with MS - a debilitating neurological disease that effects thousands of people every year.  By fall, my symptoms had left my life too unpredictable to hold a steady nine to five anymore.  Prior to this, I had been a caregiver for nearly four years.  Leaving what I love and the people I had grown to see as family was very hard, but it also was the push I needed to follow in the family tradition and start doing the shows.  I began crafting like I had never crafted before, bought an RV with my husband and went to it.  Thus was the birth of Glitter Girl.  The name was nothing more than a declaration of my love for all things shiny =D


So there you have it.  Glitter Girl was what I needed to do - as I am sure many other artists have felt about their art.  And I really do hope you enjoy what came out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment