Friday, December 2, 2011

My Experience

So this has nothing to do with Glitter Girl, but I really felt the need to post this:


So, it has taken me a while to post this because it moved me so much I had to sit with it a bit and figure out how to convey the profound nature of it.  I was approached by someone, his name is of no consequence, on Monday.  He was one of my former high school bullies.  Arguably one of the worst.  He sat next to me and explained how much he has regretted how he treated people back then.  He explained that he wants to be remembered for doing good and not for the hateful things he used to do.  We talked a bit, and at the end we shook hands and wished eachother a Merry Christmas.  I have been thinking about this conversation all week, especially since EMHE will be airing their anti-bullying episode tonight.  I wonder what would happen if every student could have this same experience.  If just one of their bullies would come to them with sincerety and honesty and ask for forgiveness? Would it have saved the lives of the suicides who were so low they thought this was their only way out?  Would it make the cutter put down the razor?  Or the drug user quit using?  Maybe so, maybe not, but I know it has restored my faith that IT DOES GET BETTER and someday these kids who bully others will realize that their actions were wrong.  I don't know.  I mean, I hope so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment